The roots of the Mariposa Hunters Point Yacht Club date to 1932, when the Mariposa Boat Club and the Mariposa Ramp Club were founded. The purpose of these clubs was “to promote good sportsmanship, to provide docking and to arrange cruises, regattas, and other activities which will tend to increase interest in small craft boating.” In 1964 they formally incorporated.
On a parallel track, an association known as the Hunters Point Yacht Club, which had absorbed another club, the Shear Pin Club, was incorporated in 1962. Their general purpose was to encourage boating activities, recreation and social contacts among the members.
On October 10, 1974 the Mariposa Boat Club and Ramp Club and the Hunters Point Yacht Club merged and renamed themselves Mariposa Hunters Point Yacht Club. Our Club was officially born and has been going strong ever since.